Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Special Blessing

"Blessings, like dollars, are usually counted more when times are tough."

Isn't it true? I know I can become so involved in the day's events that I don't spend enough time truly counting my blessings, UNTIL I HAVE TO!! Isn't there something wrong with that picture?
So, here I am, on Mother's Day, with a few moments with which to steep in my blessings like a good cup of tea.

As a mother, I must admit, God has offered me some "special" blessings that I want to share on this amazing day.
1. I was given the opportunity to be pregnant, give birth and nurse two wonderful little boys. I GAVE THEM LIFE!
2. I get at least 10 hugs per day.
3. I am responsible to these little beings for everything - food, clothing, life lessons...it motivates me to be the best I can be (and watch what I do and say!).
4. Each day I spend at least an hour laughing.
5. Someone calls me "mommy".
6. My lap is the only lap in town that gives the best snuggles.
7. I am magical! A kiss from my lips can cure anything!
8. I have someone to sing with, skip with, tickle, be silly with and laugh with.
9. I have the best life teachers around, constantly reminding me to be like Jesus: apologize quickly, hug often, be gentle, share, help, give....
10.Right now, everything I do is super cool and amazing (I know that will change in a few years)!

I am actually tearing up as I write this because those are only the tangibles. There are countless others, such as watching them sleep so angelically, or the way they search my face so wide-eyed for the answers. The adorable way they respond to discipline, being so earnest to change, and their thousand questions per day because the world is so brand-new.

Yes, being a mother has its unique blessings. I praise God that he chose that path for me. I couldn't imagine my life without my sons. I also have come to understand my own parents and especially my Heavenly Father so much better. Thank you, Lord, for this indescribable gift!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment