Thursday, September 8, 2011

Faith, Hope and Love Part 2

This morning I decided to study about HOPE in the Bible. Wow, I came away so encouraged, so amazed and grateful that God's word still inspires me and teaches me new things even after 18 years. There was much too much to cover in this post, but the overwhelming insight I gained was that HOPE IS THE WELLSPRING OF MY FAITH AND LOVE.

When I first put my hope in Jesus as a college student, I was deciding to believe in him, follow him, stay faithful to him and love others as he would love. FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE were working together, but they originated with my hope that Jesus is Lord and that one day he will appear again and take me to be with him in glory. One day he will reward me if I do not lose my firm grip on my hope. I know that if I do, my faith and love with also be lost. FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE do not exist on their own, but are interdependent. Here are some of the scriptures that inspired me: (but I encourage you to study it out on your own, it's amazing!)

Ephesians 1:18-19a I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the HOPE to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who BELIEVE.

Colossians 1:5 the FAITH and LOVE that spring from the HOPE stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel

1 Thessalonians 1:3 We remember before our God and Father your work produced by FAITH, your labor prompted by LOVE, and your endurance inspired by HOPE in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on FAITH and LOVE as a breastplate, and the HOPE of salvation as a helmet.

Hebrews 11:1 Now FAITH is confidence in what we HOPE for and assurance about what we do not see.

Do you see it? I was just amazed that I had never put that together before! FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE! It's God's perfect equation for our spiritual walk with him. These are the treasures stored up for us in Heaven. These are our eternal possessions.

I will close again with the scripture that I used yesterday, because it means so much more to me now:

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE. But the greatest of these is love.

I hope this encourages you as much as it encourages me. No, I hope it encourages you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment