Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lost in Translation

The other day my friend thanked me for being thoughtful. It fired me up so much I felt like I had hit a home run. In fact, I tend to experience that same feeling when my husband really likes my cooking, or when a friend is moved by something I did for them. Well, it got me thinking...I love the people in my life with all my heart. I think of them, pray for them care about them, mourn with them and celebrate with them. Sometimes I wish I could crawl inside their minds and write how I truly feel so they just KNOW. But, as a feeble human, all I can do is show it by what I do and say and by remembering to express myself in meaningful ways.

On the flip side, it bursts my little bubble when I try to encourage someone and it falls flat. They aren't moved, it wasn't enough, it wasn't what they wanted...UGH (hang head). It makes me think about Jesus. Did God up in Heaven ask himself, "What action can I make that will translate to everyone just how much I love them? I know! I will give my only son as a sacrifice of love for them! Surely they will see and KNOW and respond!" Hmmm. It's a language, showing our love. Sometimes it gets "lost in translation" and the receiver is not moved. How much must that hurt and frustrate God, who went "all the way" for us?

I want to respond to him and show him how moved I am by his love and what he did to show it... isn't that true thankfulness, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment