Friday, October 8, 2010

The power of encouragement

It seems like whenever I truly set myself out to do good and make a difference, I face more afflictions and hardships. Yesterday was one of those days. For no reason I just felt so vulnerable, so weak, so faulty and so full of sin. I was a bad wife, a terrible mom, a rejected friend, etc etc. I even doubted my ability to love my husband, or anyone else for that matter. It was a tangible spiritual attack. I was depressed and afraid. I feared I might even hurt someone. Gosh, it was so dark.

I sit here in tears of gratitude because I made it through. I woke up so glad I didn't say anything destructive out of emotion last night to my husband. I am so glad I didn't give up on myself. But most importantly I am so grateful my husband didn't give up on me. Yes, he was a bit frustrated with me but he persevered in his love. This morning he came in and the first thing he did was kiss me and talk about last night. It gave me the courage to have a great day. It was like a kiss from God. It made me want to repent and give my all. His encouragement was what I needed to change.

I am so grateful that we get a new chance everyday!! It's a decision each day to have a great day or a terrible day. With God and his mighty word, the power of prayer, and the courage we receive from encouragement we can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment