Thursday, October 7, 2010

What love is...

Ok so it's 11am and i have urine on my shirt and spit-up in my hair. Under any other circumstance this might make for an aweful day, but because I love my infant son I am totally joyful despite the ick.

I want to be loved like that too! Despite my ickiness and mistakes I want to be unconditionally loved, not judged and accepted. Humans fail us all the time in their love, but God does not. He IS love. He is the only unconditionaly loving being there is.

I also want to grow in loving others like this as well. I have a hard time and such high expectations! Ugh. I guess I could see the small child in my fellow man and realize we are all just trying to do our best but sometimes we make a mess an need to be loved anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment